BECOME A PART OF THE LEGEND
- Welcome at the Hotel from Friday afternoon.
- Meet & greet diner with complete briefing regarding the weekend.
- Breakfast from 8am to 9am.
- At 11am, easy ride around Nice to prepare the race day and enjoy a groupe ride. We will make sure your bike is ready for the big day.
- Dinner at 7pm and last briefing by Fränk Schleck before the big day. He will share his experience and give you advices on how to manage your effort & your nutrition.
Easy ride to warm-up the legs and be get to the start.
At the start we will take care of your warm-up clothes.
Time to pedal and give your best!
Celebrating your achievement at the arrival!
Breakfast at 8am & departures.
Shuttle to the airport
Our team brings your bike back to Luxembourg.
THE REGION AND CHALLENGES
The Etape du Tour is one of the most prestigious sportives in the world. Each year it follows the route of that year’s Tour de France, taking in the same iconic roads and high mountain climbs that the professionals race over.
The 31st edition of the “Étape du Tour de France” will take place on July 9th, 2023, on the same route as stage 14 of the Tour de France, between Annemasse and Morzine, 152 km with more than 4,100 metres of accumulated positive elevation gain, including the climbs of col de Saxel, col de Cou, col de Feu, col de la Ramaz and col de Joux Plane.
Summer is very warm here, without many rainy days. The average high temperature is 27°C, and the average low temperature is about 21°C. You will be climbing to over 2,500 meters, there is a risk of storms, meaning you could be riding in sweltering heat one minute and downpours the next.
The gradients of the climbs you will be tackling do not reach the steep pitches. You can expect the climbs to average around 6 or 7 %. A compact chainset with 50-34 rings and an 11-32 cassette should give you the ideal range of gears to get you through the weekend. Keep in mind that you could be climbing constantly for up to a couple of hours, so you’ll want a lower gear than usual to give you the best advantage over this mountainous terrain and not damage those well-trained legs too much during the race.
- Three nights accommodation
- Guaranteed Race Entry
- All breakfasts and evening meals at the hotel
- Bus transfer on Saturday from Annemasse back to the hotel
- Bus transfer on Sunday Morning between hotel and start line
- Mechanic to build your bike and make sure it’s working smoothly throughout the weekend
- Guided warm up rides with Fränk Schleck
- Race briefing with Fränk Schleck – including important information on the course and how to ride it
- Complimentary sports nutrition
- Schleck X-Perience Jersey & welcome pack