X-perience the adrenaline of a cycling event
Schleck Gran Fondo is a mass cycling event for old and new champions, for those who are just in it for the fun of it, or for those who want to push their limits: this and much more is the spirit of the Schleck Gran Fondo.
GRAN FONDO 155KM
MEDIO FONDO 90KM
Please note, that we are determined to implement any health measures imposed by the government authorities at the time of the 2023 event. We recommend checking regularly the rules in place in Luxembourg. Click here for more information.
What are the registration fees?
|Date of registration||Gran Fondo||Medio Fondo|
|15/11/21 – 29/11/21||49€||44€|
|30/11/21 – 15/02/22||54€||49€|
|16/02/22 – 09/05/22||60€||55€|
Issues with the online registration
In case the credit card payment is refused by the payment system, the registration will not be taken into account. Please register again.
- acknowledge and accept the rules and regulations in its entirety
- declares being in good physical condition and that there are no contraindications to participate in this cycling competition
- accept the usual and frequent competitive cycling risks, such as individual or collective falls.
Entry fees are not refundable unless we receive a medical certificate from you by May 9th, 2022. In this case we will retain a handling fee of 10€. If you want to transfer your bib number to another person you can do this until May 9th, 2022.
It is possible to transfer your registration on these conditions:
- The person who gets your registration has to be in same age category (for Gran Fondo, Medio Fondo and also for Leisure Ride)
- In order to retrieve his bib, the person who gets your registration will need to present:
- his ID
- a copy of the ID of the person who gives up his registration
- a copy of the confirmation email received on registration by the person who gives up his registration.
Registration transfers can only be done at our Trouble Desk at the Sportshall, Place des Villes Jumelées, Mondorf-Les-Bains on Friday 20 May 2022 from 3pm to 6.45pm or on Saturday 21 May from 7am to 8.30am.
During the registration process you will have to pay a deposit of 15€ for the chip. After the race, you will get a refund of 10€ if you return the chip before 6.30 p.m. on May 21th, 2022 at the registration office.
Schleck Gran Fondo 2022 Booklet
You can download the Schleck Gran Fondo 2022 booklet here
Qualifications for the UCI World Gran Fondo
- The men in categories M 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 have to ride the long course of 160 km to qualify for the finals of the Gran Fondo World Series.
- All women categories, as well as men categories M 8, 9, 10 have to ride the short course of 90 km to qualify for the finals.
All men and women cyclists who have not accumulated any UCI points will be eligible to be classified. Men and women cyclists who have UCI points may participate but will not be classified. Active professionals are admitted upon invitation but will not be classified.
Is there a non-competitive category?
If you choose not to race for the qualification for the World Championships, then you can register for the distance of your choice!
All participant, riding for the qualification or not, are allowed to start in their respective age category start boxes.
For those who would like to take the start with friends of other age categories or who simply want to start a little bit slower can register for the leisure ride.
Can minors participate?
The Schleck Gran Fondo is a mass cycle event open to all participants, license-holders or not, over the age of 18. Minors may participate on the shorter course upon presentation of parental consent at the packet pickup.
What are the race rules and regulations?
Participants of the Schleck Gran Fondo must be aware of all the Rules & Regulations which include timekeeping and rankings, time limits, equipment allowed, safety, medical and personal assistance and other important topics.
As participant of the Schleck Gran Fondo, you commit to respect the environnement and the natural areas visited. It is strictly forbidden to leave any type of waste on the course.
- Ride on the right hand side of the road
- Respect traffic signs
- Respect traffic lights if there is no marshal present
- Respect other road users (not involved in the event)
- Ensure your own safety and speed control
- Wear a hardshell helmet at all times
- Wear your bib number on your back
- Position your frame plate on the front of your handlebars
- Respect the Luxembourgish Traffic Regulations. The roads are at any time open to traffic.
Is there a team challenge?
Where and when should I pick up my packet?
Bib numbers can be picked up at the Sportshall, Place des Villes Jumelées, Mondorf-Les-Bains on Friday 20 May 2022 from 3pm to 6.45pm or on Saturday 21 May from 7am to 8.30am.
What documents should I present at pickup?
• Signed liability form (once the online registrations are closed, you will receive an email with the liability form and all necessary information).
• Registration confirmation email
• Identity card
If you don’t pick up your packet personally, you have to give a copy of your ID-card, the liability form signed by yourself and the confirmation email to your representative!
By signing up for the Schleck Gran Fondo, you accept the rules and regulations in its entirety.
Mondorf-les-Bains, the home town of the Schleck brothers is situated in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg, protected from the winds by the surrounding hills. It is famous around the world for its casino and the thermal springs.
Take the exit n°12 on the A13 highway. Follow the car park signs and use one of our 3 car parks.
Head to the Townhall of Mondorf-les-Bains, get your race number and pickup your Schleck X-Perience packet full of surprises.
Friday from 15:00 to 18:45 or Saturday from 07:00 to 08:30
Enjoy the pasta party with your friends and family and meet many excited cyclists before the big day. Join Fränk & Andy Schleck for the Pasta Party at the Gran Fondo Village. Starting Friday at 19:00.
Line ups & feed zones
Gran Fondo line-up : Saturday at 09:00
Medio Fondo line-up : Saturday at 10:00
Feed Zone 1 @Oberdonven (closes at 12:10)
Feed Zone 2 @Beaufort (closes at 13:30)
Feed Zone 3 @Roodt-Sur-Syre (closes at 15:30)
Feed Zone 4 @Mondorf-les-Bains (closes at 18:00)
Bike park & changing rooms
Use the secure bike park after the race. Open Saturday from 12:15 to 18:00.
Showers and changing rooms are located in Sportshall.
Ceremonies & after-race party
Ceremonies will be conducted at the Gran Fondo Village on the main stage at 16:00.
The After-Race party is your well-deserved reward after all the climbs you faced during the Gran Fondo competition. Great music to end a great sporty weekend in a unique atmosphere!
gran fondo village
The Gran Fondo Village is the vibrant heart of the Schleck Gran Fondo. Shop popular and new cycling brands, enjoy delicious food & drinks and animations for the all family and fans. And don’t miss the after race party!
Show your pride and ride with the official Schleck Gran Fondo 2022 Jersey
become a volunteer
No major sporting event would be the same without the tremendous contribution of volunteers! Volunteers provide support in areas such as ceremonies, transport, media, protocol, language services, doping control and fan services.